About Direct Development
At DD, we’re a marketing technology agency unlike many others in the DC area. For starters, we serve nonprofits and higher education, and we build long-lasting relationships with our client-partners, to the point where they become like family. Our mission is to “Help Davids beat Goliaths” by developing client-tailored marketing game plans that outperform rather than outspend. We’re known for being highly collaborative, fast-paced, innovative, and creative. We live at the intersection of technology and marketing, with a strong emphasis on data-driven strategies and tactics. We love developing creative, powerful content stories and using the inbound marketing methodology as the engine that drives our initiatives.
About the Administrative Assistant Position
The Administrative Assistant role at DD involves managing a wide variety of general administrative and clerical needs. The core duties include customer service, basic accounting operations, data entry and spreadsheet management, ordering supplies, managing technology systems, event planning, creating a positive workspace, and improving the efficiency and culture of our growing team. Our ideal Administrative Assistant is able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, is highly organized and fast, and is able to intuitively determine practical solutions to fit our company’s needs. Beyond just basic office management, we are looking for someone with strong event management skills who also cares about design, presentation, and quality control. This role is heavy part-time, potentially leading to full-time, depending on skill level and experience.
General Office Management
- Answering and directing phone calls
- Ordering supplies
- Receiving, sorting, and distributing the mail
- Managing technology systems, office appliances and equipment
- Maintaining a positive workspace that is well organized, beautiful, and promotes teamwork
- Managing IT/Data/Phone hardware and software and coordination with IT tech support
Event Planning & Team Culture Coordination
- Organizing office birthday parties + celebrations
- Managing in-office client meetings
- Organizing travel arrangements for DD team to/from conferences, client meetings, etc.
- Coordinating corporate gifts and holiday events for clients, DD team, and key contacts
- Creatively inventing opportunities for team bonding and teamwork building
Basic Accounting Operations
- Receiving and inputting invoices in Quickbooks software
- Inputting check deposits and cutting checks
- Creating invoices for clients
- Making bank deposits
- Maintaining up-to-date employee records
- Managing employee onboarding, anniversaries, updates, and general communications
- Updating Employee Handbook with instructions and orientation for all team members
QUALITIES OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Ability to multitask
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Google Docs/Sheets, Google Drive, and Quickbooks
- Positive and adaptable attitude
- Money conscious
- Strong eye for interior design and space management
- Excellent customer service skills
Part-time, approximately 20-25 hours per week. Can lead to a full-time position in the same role.
Office Manager, Company Culture Coordinator, Director of Culture
Email resume, cover letter, and character references to Teresa de Brey, Director of Marketing Operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org.