About the Marketing Intern Position
The Marketing Internship Program at Direct Development is an opportunity for qualified college students to attain real-world experience by working at a local marketing services agency. This three-month internship targets students who are interested in being developed as marketing content creators (Editorial Track) and/or marketing researchers and data analyzers (Research and Analysis Track) in a collaborative and innovative office environment.
Interns accepted into this program can expect to be challenged and developed by Direct Development’s team of marketing consultants. Interns will work between 5-10 hours a week (some of this time will be spent working remotely) and earn $9/hour.
The Editorial Track
Interns on the Editorial Track will spend their weeks researching and writing content (blog posts, eBooks, social media posts, etc.) relative to the marketing efforts of our clients. Interns on this track should be proficient (and efficient) writers who enjoy the challenge of writing on topics they might not necessarily be familiar with.
Interns should expect to spend a couple of hours a week collaborating with interns on the Data Research and Analysis Track on projects they might be working on. Interns on this track should also expect to spend time each week scheduling social media posts and doing various administrative tasks as needed.
The Research and Analysis Track
Interns on the Research and Analysis Track will spend their weeks researching current market trends relevant to Direct Development (and our clients), as well as mining the data surrounding Direct Development’s marketing efforts and those of our clients. Interns on this track will be analyzing multiple metrics on social media, blogs, premium content, various email campaigns, and website activity.
Interns can expect to spend a couple hours each week collaborating with interns on the Editorial Track and assist these writers in finding statistics relevant to the content pieces they are working on. Interns on this track should also expect to spend time each week scheduling social media posts and doing various administrative tasks as needed.
Marketing Project Support
- Research content for client and company marketing campaigns
- Brainstorm content ideas for clients in nonprofit and higher education industries
- Create/edit reports and spreadsheets
- Write drafts for blog posts, eBooks, and other media for both client and company-related projects
- Help manage and execute social media for DD and client profiles
- Execute data entry for various DD projects
- Communicate with DD team members about status of project work
Marketing Software Support
- Basic operation of various marketing software platforms
- Analyze data, reports and campaign metrics within software platforms and provide summary information to DD project managers
- Input draft content into blogs, website pages, and social media tools within content management platforms
- Applicants must be at least a college sophomore
- Applicants must be available to work between 5-10 hours a week for the full three months
- Applicants must be able to come into the office for weekly team meetings (on Friday morning and one other day of the week)
- Applicants must have an understanding of how popular social networks operate
- Applicants must be willing to collaborate and innovate with a team of people
- Applicants must have a means to get to the Direct Development offices
- Applicants must have a computer that can connect to the internet
Part-time, approximately 8-15 hours per week, very flexible. Minimum of 5 hours available at Fairfax City office, with remaining hours out of the office.
Marketing Associate (MA), Content Editor (CE), Marketing Technologist (MT), Inbound Marketing Manager (IMM)
Email resume, cover letter, portfolio and character references to Tony Fraga, CEO, at email@example.com